Since 2011, Alaric’s main focus has been in recruiting and hiring directly from the top universities in the country. The Training Program is our proprietary, state-of-the-art system for building the foundations of consistent performance in our traders.
Here are some of foundations embedded into the Alaric Training Program.
- Use Lehman Brother recruitment know-how in Identifying, acquiring, and training talent
- Use deep psychological profiling in matching the best mentor for each new trainee
- Accelerate the learning curve through live trading: the market is the best classroom
- Apply rigorous risk criteria from day one in order to build discipline
- Rotate trainees to different groups in order to expose them to new asset classes and strategies
- Inspire openness and honesty throughout the process: ask tough questions, demand accountability
Constantly revised and upgraded, the following are some of the basic components of the Alaric Training Program.
- Training conducted by firm Head of Trading and Trading Development Directors, each of whom are highly successful traders
- Begins with 2-3 week classroom intensive aimed at conveying core concepts
- Software training and market trading simulation
- Series 7 (Proprietary Trader Exam) course and materials
- After licensing and demonstrating understanding of fundamentals, trainees begin supervised live trading with proprietary trading group capital allocation
- Rotation throughout trading floor to learn new strategies and to enable trainees to identify their own unique style
- Daily pre- and post-market meetings and regular seminars conducted by top traders
- Regular team building exercises: trading contests, social events, volunteering
Check out our Careers page for New Traders to learn more about the recruiting process.